Building my own computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
john3 said:
yeah no pentium, you are not going to get a good pentium, let alone a good cost effective pentium.

stick witht he rig i suggest.

what about the dual core? i heard pentium was the best for multi tasking and encoding and burning considering i will not be doing any gaming

k dual core pentiums are expensive and past ur budget, the only good dual core pentium is the conroe which is not even out yet. and if u can get a dual core pentium you can afford a dual core AMD which is better than the dual core pentium in all areas. so u get my point.

that amd is the equivalent of a 3Ghz intel, hence the name 3000+. or so its believed. apparently the number in the name is the equivalent of the speeds of intels. but amd is better anywayz.

Ok i get your point but would that chip be slow? and whats the cost on a dual core amd? and is amd good for movie encoding burning multi tasking and music all at once? would it operate slow and get bogged down?

edit: i will not be overclocking at all.

amd dual core has a minimum of $300.

Dual core amds are better than intels at everything. and they cost less.

no it would not operate slow, hence the fact its better than intel.
and if u are on a tight budget, read on the guides on overclocking, and when you have questions because you are going to feel intimidated and uncomfortable i can answer ur questions about the basics, just PM me. then u can overclock the 3000+ to like 2.4GHz. which makes it even better.

EDIT: yes u will be overclocking, when im done with you lol. dont be so scared of it. its very simple, just the language seems intimidating. and if u do overclock, you wont have to buy a new processor by 2007.

john3 said:
amd dual core has a minimum of $300.

Dual core amds are better than intels at everything. and they cost less.

no it would not operate slow, hence the fact its better than intel.
and if u are on a tight budget, read on the guides on overclocking, and when you have questions because you are going to feel intimidated and uncomfortable i can answer ur questions about the basics, just PM me. then u can overclock the 3000+ to like 2.4GHz. which makes it even better.

EDIT: yes u will be overclocking, when im done with you lol. dont be so scared of it. its very simple, just the language seems intimidating. and if u do overclock, you wont have to buy a new processor by 2007.

lol actually overclocking does seem like a big risk to me..lol. so with what you suggested is that all i need? i also see that amd chip has alot of great reviews makes me more comfortable. i also will have a little extra cash on hand.lol. someone actaully wants to give me 350 for this peice of crap dell i have. lol.

Does that motherboard support dual core?
and will it support me having 2 dvd drives and 3 harddrives?

edit: does that motherboard have firewire?

yeah i dont think the mobo has any problems with it, ill check just ot reassure u though.......it has 4 sata ports, im not sure about the optical drive. i think even if it doesnt have a port you can always hook it up through usb.(external drive).

EDIT: not sure bout firewire but if u need it you can always get a 18 in 1 or w/e card reader which includes firewire.

john3 said:
yeah i dont think the mobo has any problems with it, ill check just ot reassure u though.......it has 4 sata ports, im not sure about the optical drive. i think even if it doesnt have a port you can always hook it up through usb.(external drive).

EDIT: not sure bout firewire but if u need it you can always get a 18 in 1 or w/e card reader which includes firewire.

whats a 18 in 1 card reader got a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom