• Windows NT4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My OS

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP1. I want to switch over to SuSe or Mandrake Linux(both use the KDE GUI), but, unfortunately, Windows XP can't be partitioned by them as far as I know. Which means I'll have to remove XP to make way for Linux, which I'm not going to do :p

Re: My OS

ToxicParadox said:
I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP1. I want to switch over to SuSe or Mandrake Linux(both use the KDE GUI), but, unfortunately, Windows XP can't be partitioned by them as far as I know. Which means I'll have to remove XP to make way for Linux, which I'm not going to do :p
PowerQuest PartitionMagic....That will let you partition the NTFS format which XP resides on....then you can installl Linux and dual boot between XP and Linux:D

XP pro & 98 SE. XP is the best, extremely stable.

XP replaced the "Blue screen of Death" with restarting without notice!

I just got XP about 2 months ago on my notebook.
NO BLUE SCREENS :p
Still running 98 on my desktop and NT at work. (oh whoa is me :( )

I'm using me-works a little better if you do registry mod's
I would rather be using NT of course...

XP is no good, to many holes in the code, compared to linux etc, i use linux and 98 SE on a dual boot system, and i think that linux is better than windows, but 98 is better than XP

i remember using windows 95 lol.......in the logon screen you could just click cancel and get into the machine, there is much, much better security in win 2000/xp. personally i hate xp because you have to register on all computers you want it on, this means buying more than 1 copy, so i just use 2000 so can use same copy on all 4 comps.

I use Mac OS X primarily. I boot into OS 9 a lot however. On OS X I am running XDarwin and Fink, which allows me to run my favorite UNIX programs without having to mess with the horrible Mac distro's of Linux.

I run good ol' XP, and I like it... because you can logon as a regular user, which is more secure for browsing the Internet. Plus, with NTFS, you can have multiple users w/ protected files and shares, which are ultimately accessible to the Administrators.

The only thing I've learned that you DON'T DO is make the windows directory Read-only, beings that i figured that the OS could still access its own files... but it makes it QUITE secure.

XP also seems to use bandwith much better than when I ran 98. Plus, being able to hibernate is always a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom