X2 temputure

Status
Not open for further replies.
you shouldnt have a it above 40 idle. get an exhaust fan, that was probably ur problem, you have more intake fans then exhaust and the airflow was f'd up. by an exhaust fan and add that side fan again and see what happens. and then try it without the side fan but WITH the extra exhaust fan.

Oh! Don't say that you have me wanting to cool again!

I might get some more fans at some point, allthough i think i'll only be able to install blowers from now.

I currenlty have a 120mm in at the front of the case and a 120mm out at the back. The PSU has a massive fan, i think 120mm, althought the are some slots which seem to blow a small amount of air into the case. I tried covering them for a short while, but didn't make much difference.

I've tryied turning around my side fan, didn't seem to be alot in it. Infact while its turned off i think it tends to suck more air in. The grid that it comes with however doesn't allow much movement, its a black grill with small holes. Half the air flow and fan speed when fan is in place so might remove that.

However, the case doesn't seem to be hot, the air its kicking out at the back is what i'd expect from my old P2 pc. Top of the case possibley a tad warm, but can't deal with that easily.

Not that its such a issue i am surprised that this Artic Cooling Freezer 64 pro isn't taking more off the cpu. I havn't put my pc under mega load yet, but i don't think it will go above 47/48 so its keeping it in the range. I'm wondering in the stock cooling would be better, athough i'm not changing. \

Who knows,

I have a question for you, do you live in the south where the climate is hot?

While not identical I have simular models. My motherboard idles at 27C while my CPU idles at 26-28C. The Mobo may hit 37-40C while the CPU hits no higher than 35C while maxed out. I have good cooling but it is nothing over the top.

I live in london, so pritty dam cooled. Although been in the low twentys this week.

Put my optional fan on this evening, mobo went down by 3 degrees. I might be imaging things but cpu might have gone up a degree. Espeically when underload.

I think my case is cooled well. I guess the motherboards temp reporting my be alittle high?

Also wondered what the chances are than I didn't sit the heatsink very well. (Artic Cooling Pro 64). I wondent consider resitting it. Don't think i have any worrys. I should take no notice of these temps.

Is there a AMD temputure reading? Or it the reader only on the mobo?

EDIT----- just been looking at the mounting of the Heat Sink on the processor, looks slightly off centre. Could this be relevant to my CPU temp? I'd be surprised it this would make any relevant differance as the processors core is only in the very middle to my understanding.

Is there a program or somewhere in System settings that displays the CPU/Board temp?

There is, i use ASUS pc probe.

Not sure how accureate the probe is; when i first turn the pc on it the bios it displays 27degrees then goes up to about 32 and holds for a while. not watched it increase.

I'm aware its no where near overheating. Just the fact i paid for a bigger cooler. And have a intention to clock it up alittle in the future is annoying as i will not be able todo it.

Thanks.

I have the mobo in my sig, and my 4200+ is running at 38 now, browsing the internet, listening to music, it will never really go over 50, and this is stock grease and hsf.

Fine and dandy, as some say.

Charlie -

Although the mobo temp reading could be off, i've been looking at the Artic Cooling HSF. Its at least 1/6 inch off. Could be clamping the processor uneven as well. Thinking of going to stock heatsink. How do i clean the paste off? Plus will it be pritty stuck at the moment? Don't want to damage the processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom