Blue screen of death HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardcake

Solid State Member
Windows XP
IE
Emachines

First off, I don't know a whole lot about computers. Ok, basically nothing. That's why I need help with fixing this recent problem with my computer. Anyway, my computer keeps crashing on me and then I get the "blue screen of death".

Among the various errors I geton the BSOD, are these:

driver irql not less or equal

pfn system corrupt

special pool detected memory corruption

0x000000c1
0x000000c5
0x0000008e

I have not installed anything recently. It just keeps turning off and going to the **** blue screen. Now, not only can I not operate my computer in windows, I can't even operate it in safe mode. I don't know how I am able to use it right now. I guess I got lucky.
How do I fix this? PLEASE help!

Thanks in advance

the BSOD's that i have encountered usually deal with several different problems. If u are able to get into safe mode than its usually a software or program conflict. However if u cant get into windows through safe mode (which i think is ur case) than it could be sone of several problems (try to google the stop error). It could be bad RAM or something of that nature.

I have googled the errors and tried to find a way to fix it , to no avail. I can't find an in depth explanation of what I need to do. How do I know if my ram is bad? I tried to do memscan, but I have issues with my cd drives and floppy disk drive. They haven't worked in a year. Right now, my computer has calmed somewhat. But if I try to do anything other than checking my mail, like viewing a video, it goes right off.

Try taking 1 stick of memory out, testing it, and then putting the other stick in to test that as well, to make sure its not the RAM.

Ok, I ran a memtest86 finally. In the middle of it ( after I got 5 errors), my computer crashed, so I ran it again. This time, I got 53 errors. Mostly in test 1 and 5. But then it crashed so I could not finish it. Does this mean that I need to replace my memory?

Try taking 1 stick of memory out, testing it, and then putting the other stick in to test that as well, to make sure its not the RAM.
Memory stick? Is that different than ram? How would you do that?

I take it you have more than 1 RAM (memory) module (stick). Take 1 out, run memtest with that one, if it passes, swap them around and run memtest again. Maybe its only 1 stick causing the problem and not both. Sorry if my previous post was a bit unclear! :D

I actually only have 1. I haven't upgraded the computer with another stick. So it's only the 1 . So I guess it's good that I don't have to test it again, just get another one, right?

When I was trying to reboot, I got this when it went to the screen that asks if I would like to go to recent config etc:

following is missing or corrupt:
<windows root>\ system 32\ ntoskml.exe
please reinstall a copy of the above file

What does that mean? Is this still an issue with the memory. Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom