Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
my parents have 2 laptops, they are about 2-2.5 KG each. Laptops are carried in a backpack, and they are usually 40 pounds to start with.

Well the laptop(HP Pavilion DV 5140) I am planning to buy is 2.95 kgs so I guess its not that heavy.

OK. Ihave bought HP DV 5140 . Its working alright but the problem is that its taking long to load Windows.Is it probably because I have Windows Media Centre or is there some other problem?

Look in your system tray and figure out what loads in your tray that you don't need. Then run msconfig and click on the startup tab and uncheck the ones that you don't need. That will help shorten the startup time. Most times a prebuilt will have a lot of programs that load an icon at system startup that will bog down your computer.

I don't think so, looking at the specs of your laptop I think it's a combination of your hard drive and your software setup. My sister has it on her laptop and she uses media center quite frequently and dosen't cause her much slowdown.

Your boot is gonna take a little longer regardless because your HD only spins at 4200 rpms. Most drives for desktops these days spin at 7200 and higher.

You're gonna get a bottleneck at your HD and the rest of the computer has to wait for your HD to access the information. The only way to help that is to stop programs at startup that you don't need immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom