Can not view picture on media player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knipper

Baseband Member
I can not view viedo files on my windows media player. I downloaded all the codecs and reinstall my video card driver. With no luck on viewing the picture. However the audio works just fine, I just have a black picture on the screen. I have also tried various players still the same thing the video does not work, but the audio does. This worked until yesterday when my hard drive failed for overheating. Once the computer cooled down everything came back to normal expect I can not view video files on any media player just sound.

Gateway Laptop model 7215GX 2.2 GHZ 512 MB ram with 60 GB hard drive I am using Windows XP, and for a media player I either use Nero or Klmcodec 153. Everything was fine until a couple of days ago when my hard drive shut down for overheating. After the computer shut down for 8 hours everything came back up expect I can not view a picture, but the movies play with the sound. I hope this helps thanks for the help

Well there could have been some damage to the files. Since it shut down like it did there could have been damage to some files. Espically if they were in use.

Have you tried using Divx? That might work. Also the KLite codec pack might also help.

But to solve the problem i dont know a sure fire answer. You HDD overheated and that can lead to further damage.

I have tried to use DIVIX and I have KLite codec alreaady loaded. Nothing seems to work. Thanks for the help.

I would say try to download another Video as a test. See if you can play that. If so then the current ones have become corrupted. If not then there is a problem with your PC recognizing video formats. Either that or the Video Card also took a hit with the reset and something could be wrong there.

Thanks, but I found out that DIVIX player now works , however my windows media player still does not play any files, just sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom