Standby problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumbo1

Solid State Member
I used to keep my computer on all the time, and it used to display the screen saver after 10 mins of inactivity and signs me out WITHOUT disconnecting my network (of which the internet) and then 5 mins later turns off the monitor... So that if im back, it asks for my password and logs me in and i could continue where i stopped...

Now for an unknown reason, it stopped signing me out... so anyone around could sit on my computer and access my account... I checked the DIsplay settings in the control panel. The turn off monitor was set to 15 mins, and everything else (turn off hard disks, system standby, ...) was disabled. I enabled system standby after 15 mins of inactivity, but the problem is that when it stands by, it disconnects all my networks (LAN and internet)...

How was the previous setting lost?? And where can i recover it?

Thank you

Right click on your desktop. Go to the Screen saver tab. Make sure the box that shows Display the Welcome Screen is checked. After that hit the power button. Then click on the Advanced Tab. Make sure that the prompt for password is checked.

That should log you off and then ask for your password again when the system gets into the screen saver. I think that is what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom