deleted media. can I restore it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

workman

Beta member
Hi, I was messing with Windows Media Center and I thought I was just deleting media from the playlist or whatever, but I was actually deleting things off of my computer. I ended up deleting over a 100 gigs of media. Can I get this back somehow? All of it was on a set of extra hard drives, not the hard drive with all the operating system stuff on it. They are internal drives and windows does read them. None of it is in the recycle bin. I tried system restore, but that didn't work. Any help?

system restore only restores windows registry/system files and nothing more , technically when you delete data it aint really gone it just hides in the partition's free space at least until its overwritten with new data , so as long as no new data has been written to the partition/s it was deleted from the recovery chances are very high , but if new data has been written to it then youll still be able to recover most of it but not all , theres various program that can recover it , i recommend easy recovery pro/r-studio/file scavenger , and very important: dont recover the data to the partition/s it was deleted from

in addition to what jeremey said, if the file system is ntfs then the program recover4all is excellent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom