eVGA Geforce 7900GT KO or eVGA Geforce 7900GT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phanto said:
I did notice something different thought looks like the KO its more new than the GT not just for the heatsink but for the names:

eVGA 256-P2-N563-AX

eVGA 256-P2-N564

AHHH!! I know now why there are both different the KO its by default with a little more juice than the GT, yup one of the person that posted at review in the KO said it but not only that if you look closer to both the photos it said it as well.

KO: 520/1540
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...6MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

GT: 500/1500
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...6MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Ok I think I'm going with the KO, now I only need to sell my 6800GT so I can have enough to buy the KO :confused: :D

good choice. you'll be able to OC that quite a bit.

The KO has a better cooler on it, so if you're going to aftermarket cool, there's no real reason to get the KO over the CO. However, if you're not going to buy an aftermarket cooler, the KO is something that you should probably be looking at.

if you want to kick some serious *** get the evga superclocked version :)

tehdigit said:
The KO has a better cooler on it, so if you're going to aftermarket cool, there's no real reason to get the KO over the CO. However, if you're not going to buy an aftermarket cooler, the KO is something that you should probably be looking at.

if you want to kick some serious *** get the evga superclocked version :)

yeah, but you can't OC the superclocked anymore than what its at. now if they have the KO superclocked eventually that will be amazing.

haha it would be amazing :) but if you dont know what you are doing with OCing its less risky to just go with the superclocked.

but hey any 7900gt is a **** of a card

look into warranties and pricing in the end

Go with the KO, since it has the copper heatsink it will OC easier and possibly farther (don't quote me as I'm not 100% sure). You won't be disappointed in it when you get it.

For eVGA:

Superclocked>KO>CO>Vanilla

Newegg prices:

Superclocked>KO=CO (There is no vanilla eVGA 7900GT on Newegg)

So it makes most sense to buy the KO or pay the extra $10-20 and buy the Superclocked. Anything else is senseless to buy for 7900GT's at least.

I would get the KO because it's heatsink may allow greater overclocking and it costs less. Either way, the 7900GT is a good card, so this isn't a life/death situation.

visionRAY said:
I would get the KO because it's heatsink may allow greater overclocking and it costs less. Either way, the 7900GT is a good card, so this isn't a life/death situation.

or you could hold off another 6 months or so and get a g80 when it comes out.

infiltrator7 said:
or you could hold off another 6 months or so and get a g80 when it comes out.

Well, you can always hold off and get a better card. That's not going to change. He could hold off for 3 years and buy the best, most expensive card available, but it's still going to be obsolete in 6 months.

Not that waiting is a bad thing, it's what I'm doing, but if everyone waits for the next card to come out--it will never come out. Someone needs to invest in the current inventory. :)

visionRAY said:
Well, you can always hold off and get a better card. That's not going to change. He could hold off for 3 years and buy the best, most expensive card available, but it's still going to be obsolete in 6 months.

Not that waiting is a bad thing, it's what I'm doing, but if everyone waits for the next card to come out--it will never come out. Someone needs to invest in the current inventory. :)

yeah i would agree with you there most of the time, but this card is so close, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom