Linux OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo808

In Runtime
I was wondering which linux is the best that i could use. I have a old computer just laying around and i wanna install linux, i dont know much about it so i need some help. Can anyone point me out which is the best linux out there?

Just realised, if you click on that link you then need to select the forum index at the top, to be able to view Chatterbox.

Do take a peep, well worth a look!

Linux is the greatest operating systems there is to have. If you are willing to read about it and figure out what you are doing, then do so! People claim to not understand linux a lot and keep windows, it isn't that they do not understand it is that they:

1. give up
2. dont want to read and claim they dont get it
3. are to afraid to experiment

Linux has much to offer, it can do many things, and it always working to provide you with better things. Linux does not need drivers for every piece of hardware, you don't have to reboot every time u install / uninstall something, you do not need 15 CD keys, you do not need $500 for the o/s and a few programs, you will not have to wait 20 minutes for programs to close, you will not have to worry about every thing you do giving u infections, and you will NEVER see messages like this:
mouse_movement_error.jpg

Try it out, its a great OS. never had an error with it yet
http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/ <-- great site for a test
-blitze

Blitze105 said:
Linux is the greatest operating systems there is to have. If you are willing to read about it and figure out what you are doing, then do so! People claim to not understand linux a lot and keep windows, it isn't that they do not understand it is that they:

1. give up
2. dont want to read and claim they dont get it
3. are to afraid to experiment

Linux has much to offer, it can do many things, and it always working to provide you with better things. Linux does not need drivers for every piece of hardware, you don't have to reboot every time u install / uninstall something, you do not need 15 CD keys, you do not need $500 for the o/s and a few programs, you will not have to wait 20 minutes for programs to close, you will not have to worry about every thing you do giving u infections, and you will NEVER see messages like this:
mouse_movement_error.jpg

Try it out, its a great OS. never had an error with it yet
http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/ <-- great site for a test
-blitze

Linux does need drivers for things I don't have drivers for/need drivers for, I don't reboot every time i install/uninstall something. I don't have 15 cd keys to remember, Windows and many programs don't cost 500$, I don't wait even 20 seconds for programs to close and I don't have to worry about viruses and I don't ever see messages like that. Same thing with windows, sometimes you have to read and figure things out ;)

As for the topics question I personally favor the Fedora/SUSE distros but for an old computer I would Recommend **** Small Linux "DSL Linux", or Unbutu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom