Unlocking Pipes...Dell 6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaackoran

In Runtime
ive got a dell 6800 pci-e 256mb video card laying around and ive been reading places that dell likes to disguise their cards. For example the 6800gto is actually a quadro 3400 in disguise and has 4 pipes that can be unlocked. So ive decided im going to download riva tuner and see what i can come up with using my non-gto 6800. Ill post once i get some results.

If anyone has any experience with this or comments please feel free to post. My theory is that this card is actually something else....

Actually some 6800gto PCI-E cards can be unlocked to gain 4 pipes and 1 vertex shader. I have a gto but haven't gotten it to work at all so far:(

mvktech has some info on peopel that have done it.

From what i read, which was only the first post. You can only do the shader.

ok ive figured it out. It all depends on the card. the 6800 has no capabilities simply because there arent any locked shaders/pipes. the 6800gto has 4 extra pipes and a shader, and depending on your card... each pipe/shader may be unlockable or just dead.....some people get all 4 pipes and a shader some only get the shader...

too bad my 6800 is the non gto...

blaackoran said:
ok ive figured it out. It all depends on the card. the 6800 has no capabilities simply because there arent any locked shaders/pipes. the 6800gto has 4 extra pipes and a shader, and depending on your card... each pipe/shader may be unlockable or just dead.....some people get all 4 pipes and a shader some only get the shader...

too bad my 6800 is the non gto...

didnt they start burning them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom