Is this system good enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDKiD

Solid State Member
for CS:Source and Battlefield 2 with all high settings. Also, is this a good price for this system.

AMD 64bit 3200
MSI K8MM-V S754
512mb PC3200
80GB Hard drive
450-Watt Case
52xCD-RW/DVD combo drive
6.1 Sound

$329 before tax.

If I do buy this system, I will be adding an evga 7600GS graphic card to it. Will i get good fps with this system (all high settings)? Or should i dish out a litte more cash for upgrades.

I also bought a 8ms 19in flat panel. Will 8ms be fast enough for these games?

thats cheap, i wish i was in US... :(

but yeh you should be able to play CSS on full and im pretty sure BF2 on fiul should work.. i have a friend with a similar system and its great..

Hi

i would go socket 939 if you could

but otherwise, thats alright for that system

I say if you go s754, get a newark, or get a semperon

But you hsould be able to play those games, jsut not at full settings

Erm, dudes. I was going to buy a 754 with sempron...And it was LESS to go the 939 with 3000+...although, i suppose i have cheap old asian MSY...

That will be a decent system, but you really should consider upgrading to at least 1 gigs of RAM.

That's my two cents..

bigr5026 said:
Hi
i would go socket 939 if you could
but otherwise, thats alright for that system
I say if you go s754, get a newark, or get a semperon
But you hsould be able to play those games, jsut not at full settings

Well the next system up from that store is socket 939 but it cost $160 more. Here is the spec for it:

AMD 64 BIT ATHLON 3200+ S939 2000FSB
MSI RD480 S939 AMD
1GB DDR2 400 MHZ
2X 40GB Hard Drive
PCI EXPRESS ATI RADEON X1300 512MB (Don't really need this but I can resell it.)
Everything else is the same as the first system.

$500 before tax

Is this system worth the extra $160?

yeah you need more ram, i hear BF2 is one of those ram hogs. and i doubt you'll be able to run it on max with 1GB and a x1300. MAYBE smoothly on medium.

Buy the cheapest system, upgrade to 2GB's for 160 dollars and the 7600GS and you will be able to play BF2 on med-high settings maybe high depending on the resolution and maybe or not AA/AF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom