AMD processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, the first time I started posting in [H]ardForums (2 weeks ago) I made a thread about how amazing the place was. Even in the AMD processor section there were people with A64s that clearly stated that Conroe was going to dominate. Also, there was NO ONE saying that AMD will come out with a 'magic processor.' The only talk that was there was about K8L. And they actually knew what they were talking about when it came to processors, as opposed to here.

It appears that conroe is indeed better than any of the current generation chips but that means pretty much nothing.

All AMD have to do is wang a few more meg cache on, shrink the die, move to DDR3... once again Intel will be whooped and theres nothing intel can do about it.

You ask why AMD havent done this? simply because they have no need, they are already selling out of chips, theres no reason to increase your production costs and increase demand for your chips if you can't provide the numbers.. Intel fills the gap either way.

Why do you think AMD is delaying the Socket F until woodcrest is out? so that AMD can can make sure that they beat it, and beat it with minimum expense. AMD is guning for the server market, thats where the money is and thats where they will make sure they outperform Intel..
AMD don't give a toss about the enthusiast market or even desktop market at the moment.

^^ Haha, example of a ignorant post. The guy has no idea what he's talking about and what makes the Conroe so great.

AMD isn't going to bridge the gap between the 2.7GHz Conroe and the 3.6Ghz FX60 by shinking the die, adding some memory, and going to DDR3, lol. You've seen whats happened with DDR2, no performance increase, DDR3 would be a waste of money right now.

The Athlon 64's cache is much worse off than Conroe's. Not only does Conroe have 4MB L2 cache, but the cache is **** good. The prefetching capabilities are unrivaled. Its good enough that Intel sacrificed the IMC for the cache. A Athlon 64 doesn't benefit as much from cache. Doubling the cache on a A64 may lead to a .1Ghz increase in performance.

Athlon 64s may see an increase in performance from 65nm CPUs, but its not going to be near enough.

I would have to say Conroes are going to open up a can of woop *** on amd but its all about waiting for it to come out and the influence on you by other people. Like people wont wait and buy amds and people will tell you intel isnt as good as amd so yeah. Its all up to you what you think/get. Also dont flame about it because for a second I was going to say Conroe sucks but I really cant back that up and it wouldnt be true at all according to specs, prices, and benchmarks. I just hope intel makes a come back so amd doesnt get lazy.

nitestick said:
green lets not argue about this. i offer my hand in friendship. we'll just say that i have my opinion and you have yours and for whatever reason we can't see eye to eye on this issue.

No. You're wrong.

i am wrong in saying your opinion differs to mine? you post like an anti-fanboy fanboy for crying out loud. why should i even consider your opinion when you won't consider mine. however i have considered your opinion and added my own. at no point have i actually made any indeterminable claims unlike yourself. you just choose to argue. please let this end now

I haven't considered your opinion?

Buddy, I've all but put your opinion to waste. You refuse to respond to my posts straight up, and persist in finding ways around actually talking about how "Magic CPUs don't pop up out of nowhere, and we know about new CPUs over a year in advance."

I'll agree to saying you're wrong, lol. I'm not going to go out of my way to argue with you, but if there is a thread about Conroe, I'll be there.

i aint gonna mess with the new generation chips

i say just see what happens look at the reviews see who comes out on top wait for a price decrease then make your move..

dont get caught in the hype.

i give up. conroe is the best thing since sliced bread and no-one on this planet has ever been fooled by marketing and propoganda. all i ask is to wait until release and then some before you sell the product. for god sake we don't even know of any potential problems in conroe's architecture yet. who knows they may have some god awful flaw that renders them dead in 6 months but it hasn't been long enough to tell yet has it? i have made no claims of magic processors nor have i said that it is likely AMD will make a conroe competitor before its release. find something tangible to pick on. i have only talked of possibilities and of keeping an open mind. i shall post no further off topic responses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom