7900 GT Tempeture guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the average temps of the 7900 GT and how much you could push it to overclock before damaging it! duhh

mine runs a max of 49, ive never seen it over 47, but iv never seen it while playing games, just right after. i oc'ed mine to the max it would go with coolbits

The older Nvidia's could hit 100 and be fine.

I would definitely keep the 7900GT below 60, but it would take at least 90 to permenently fry it I'd imagine. For the sake of your computer as a whole though, keep it below 60. Also, the 7900GT's would really OC that much due to a lag of voltage, so doing a volt mod would really allow it to fly as it's OCing capabilities are great, it's just limited by it's voltage.

you can change the ammount of voltage a card uses :)
its a dangerous move but it can be done if you know what your doing im pretty sure

and 7900gt is good enough that you really dont need to OC it. if you dont wanna risk your card then keep it stock

A high safe temp level for a videocard is 80*C. Shouldn't load any higher than that, or you get problems. Should be fine up to that. Idle, doesn't really matter, as long as it doesn't load over 80. A Idle of 50-60 is OK though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom