Increasing Stock Fan Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your GPU temps are too high for you, you can always get a new cooler for it. Get some Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste and apply it with this cooler. Before all of this I'd call Dell and ***** at them:)

thats cool...lol i really want a cold comp so because i have a btx case i cant get fans hooked up...what if i taped them to the case or sumthin that could work..

i already bought that fan for the card.. see if i can oc 25mhz more..i'm buying my Nvidia 7800GT KO soon yay

It sounds like you shouldn't even be overclocking yet until you get to know your computer a little better. Tape? C'mon. I'm assuming you also posted the message before this one seeing as how you're the only person I've ever heard suggest using tape. Since you have open drive bays in the front you could zip tie a 120cm fan inside there pulling air in from the front. If there aren't any vents in the front you could jimmy rig something by making some vents. Make sure you get that fan on your video card before you even think about OCing!!

yo, bit ot, but i got speed fan, and i turnde my fans down nice and quiet, but when i close speedfan they turn back up, how can i lock them on that speed?

ManBearPig said:
i already bought that fan for the card.. see if i can oc 25mhz more..i'm buying my Nvidia 7800GT KO soon yay

You would be a complete fool to put that card in a dell.

you mine as well throw it out the window.

i got a new psu with it... the motherboard can with stand up to 1088mhz bus speed and 4.0 processor speed (Intel G945)

i know what i'm doin the card will work

He didn't say it wouldn't work, he basically meant it would be a waste of money. You will have a fast card, but the rest of the components will be slow.

Do you have AGP or PCI-E? I suppose if you have PCI-E, it would be a milestone for future upgrades.

pcie x16.. my ram is 533pc4200ddr2 (2x512), intel 3.0ghz presscott, please enlighten me why my computer iis slow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom