05 benefit from dual core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitestick said:
i am sick of this line it is completely false. that is because people compare processors by price.

I said this because for my post I was comparing prices for the x2 and opty dual core prices and I bet a single core around the same price would do better in games but get him lower 3dmark scores. And since hes going for 3dmark scores, he should get a dual core. I looked up this information on numorous sites and will post links if necessary.

Trifid said:
show_oc.php

[answering your question] It is possible to hit thouse speeds like 3.7ghz but the cooling you need is impracticle for more than a few hours. The voltage will kill the CPU if used for any longer than to test it for a very short time.
I would be using a TEC on my cpu and on my gpu which would probably keep my load temps around 10C, idle sub zero.

And the voltage is only 1.6. its a very nice proccesor.

The voltage will kill the CPU if used for any longer than to test it for a very short time.
To reach those speeds they are generally using nothing less than a single stage phase change setup if not double, triple, or even liquid nitrogen at which point, your voltage would never be very high, so no voltage really wouldn't be an issue. However, triple stage phase change and things like liquid nitrogen obviously aren't practical.

I would be using a TEC on my cpu and on my gpu which would probably keep my load temps around 10C, idle sub zero.
Unless you've seen that CPU doing such speeds under the conditions you plan on putting it at, I doubt that it'll hit those speeds with a simple TEC. Generally people hitting that (as I said above) are using nothing less than a single stage phase change unit and we're talking -45C with that.

no, it was on a small compressor loaded with r402. the temps never went below -10c. thats what mine will probably be at (idle of course). load would be around 10-15C

I am not going to humour you with anything, but do you know how to set up a peltier (TEC) and to make sure water vapour doesn't condense into water droplets.

Keep us updated as it looks like you are serious about this.

yes i know all about that. i didnt just start learning about this. i will probably have in done by the end of the month.

i will keep you updated but i will make another thread for it whenever the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom