Help me solve a dispute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakta

In Runtime
Im hoping you can help me settle a dispute between some friends of mine who are taking a BTEC diploma at college, but we're a little short of facts and they wont accept my view, so I would like a second opinion if you can spare the time.

issue 1) They honestly beleive that sdram mdoules can be made to run on DDR only motherboards through the use of a converter. I strongly dissagree since they run at different voltages and have differnet numbers of pins, I sincerely beleive that this is the case, can anyone confirm if these conversion adapters don't exist? I find this almost laughable.

issue 2) They also beleive that mp3 files can be converted to midi, whilst not impossible I do think this is a virtual impossibility since mid files contain note data not actual sound data unlike mp3/wav etc. So even though programs exist to convert midi to mp3 anyone think it woould be much harder to convert the other way around?

issue 3) Ive recently come into £100, anyone any good ideas of just little cheap upgrades just to make my pc that much better? (such as a cpu watercooling kit) oor just some little bits to enhance performance? my specs are as follows:

AMD64 3200 with 1024mb ram
160gb ide hd
silencer64 (arctic cooling) for cpu
Radeon 9800se graphics
dvd-rewriter

etc.

Thanks for your time people, it really really is appreciated. G'day!

Well ive spoken to some people who agree with me that these people are talking BS but any informaiton on the computer upgrades (not every day I can afford to add new stuff to my pc) would be welcome, another gig of ram anyone?

well your friends are full of ****, fo real.

I guess you could have a program that analzyes an mp3 and emulates it as a midi, but the midi will sound far from what it sounded like in mp3..

Also why dont you sell your 9800, take that money and your 100pounds and buy a better video card....

I was thinking something along those lines... 9800's especially se are nothing to be proud of these days (though it performs well with bf2) my only drawback is im just a casual gamer, half of the time im writing music or just browsing the web so id probably wait a while to see whether a graphics card is really warranted lol

i aggree

I so badly wanted to tell them they were talking BS but i always stopped short, just in case there was a even tiny remote possibility I was wrong, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom