Case foam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Hey,
I know you can buy foam to put on the inside of a case to deaden sound. But is this special foam, or just ordinary stuff? 'Cause it costs a s****load for just a little bit.

Anyway, I've got a pile of this 3/4 inch thick memory-foam (kind you use on beds) in my garage, wondering if that would be any good to line a case with to keep it quiet?

its acoustic foam, its alot more dense, i dunno bout the stuff you got, but that may insulate it a bit too much, why not just get some quiter fans?

I've got pretty quiet fans. Just that case seems to take any bit of vibration and send it throughout the whole case. And the stuff I've got is really dense too. I could cut it down to 1/2 or even 1/4 inch thick if that would be better.

harry18 said:
its acoustic foam, its alot more dense, i dunno bout the stuff you got, but that may insulate it a bit too much, why not just get some quiter fans?

Than it will cost as much as getting the foam.

You can try cleaning the dust off of the fans and tightening the screws a little bit.

if its vibrations causing the problems, but the little things you can get for absoubing the vibartions

if it is a whine noise take wd-40 to the bearings of the fans but you will have to re oil tem sooner or later, (the bearings are under those stickers). Also the foam makes your case hotter so if you OC I say suck up the noise.

my pc is loud, i discoverd it was the zalman hsf, the rest of it is silent, so i say identify whats making the noise, and stop it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom