Daisy Chaining computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfc469

Daemon Poster
Does anyone here know how to daisy chain more than two computers together? My friend and I want to hook four or five computers together to make a semi super-computer. How can we do this? What OS do we need to use? How do we network the comps together? The two options that we have are USB and ethernet. Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

that sounds really cool man, i was hopin to do something like this later on this summer so i'd like to find out too.

I dont remember how, but I remember reading a how-to arcticle on this in some pc magazine a year or so ago.

ulater6000 said:
I dont remember how, but I remember reading a how-to arcticle on this in some pc magazine a year or so ago.

would you happen to know the name of that mag??? :confused:

i would love to get my hands on the article

the middle school tech ed teacher in my school district wanted to do something like this, correct me if i'm wrong but is it called X-Grid computing? He had an article on it also i'll see if I can get ahold of it. I also believe, but am not 100% sure, you need to have computers with identical, if not extremely similar specs.

IBMan said:
the middle school tech ed teacher in my school district wanted to do something like this, correct me if i'm wrong but is it called X-Grid computing? He had an article on it also i'll see if I can get ahold of it. I also believe, but am not 100% sure, you need to have computers with identical, if not extremely similar specs.

x grid is another program that does the same thing i think. not sure, i'm probably way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom