What Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentali$T

Daemon Poster
Hi, im looking for a new upgrade for my rig, in the sig, and not too sure what to buy. I was thinking about either getting a monitor, another gig of ram or 7.1 speakers (Creative labs T79000)

If i was to get a monitor i would want a minimum res of 1280x1024 and 8ms or lower.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah i know but i dont have enough money at the moment. Im going to wait till UT2007 comes out before i get new card or even till DX10 cards are out.

Good move, good move.

I don't have much experience with the other stuff, but here's a good monitor that meets your specs;

19" Acer AL1916.

Another gig of RAM porbably won't do you much good. You're not exactly playing at max settings with the videocard, so the game won't be eating up as much RAM. Wait until you get the G80 to upgrade the RAM, by then you'll need to.

That monitor does look nice.
Yeah thats probably what ill do then with the RAM.

U know if the G80 meant to be better than ATI's DX10 card?

Thanks

It's the same with Geforce 7800s and the X1800s, the times they come out are the same as well. No idea about performance, thats still up in the air. ATi is always late though, and provide about equal performance. 'Tis why I'm a Nvidia fanboy :)

Well considering i got a crossfire mobo i think im going to stick with ATI.

I think i will get that monitor its only £164.49, Thanks

EDIT: at ebuyer.com i can only find the monitor as a widescreen with 8ms response time or the normal size with 12ms :s

A widescreen monitor would be nice. I would have said get the Graphics card cause I used to own a x700 as well, but your Direct X10 theory is solid. Something I totally forgott about when obsessing as to whether I should drop some cash on a new card myself.

An extra 1 GB stick of RAM would help, but it's not really needed all that much yet.

Im not too keen on a widescreen monitor. Do they have any issues with games and the resolution??

I will prob get the stick of ram when i get a bit more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom