Home made video card cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I was bored, so I rigged up a video card cooler using an 80mm fan and a spare expansion slot cover.

Take your expansion slot cover and cut it to size.

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Drill some holes big enough for the fan screws.

Picture017.jpg

Attach to fan.

Picture018.jpg

Install into an empty expansion slot.

Picture020.jpg

All done.

Picture022.jpg

Not sure how effective it will be, but I had a ton of 80mm fans laying around, so this is what I came up with for a videocard cooler.

PS: Don't mind my wire management, it's the best I can do with my short PSU wires.

i tried that b4 ... just w/o the modding of the expansion slot cover ... i used an a** load of twist ties ... but i had to keep moving the fan back up cus the twist ties wouldnt get tight enough ... i wish i woulda thought of the screw thing ... -ignorant me- .. nice tho!

i would do that but my dell only has 2 EXPANSION SLOTS. god i wish i was put in a coma until this summer.

As long as you don't have anything in the PCI slots, you should still be able to squeeze it in there. It only takes up one actual expansion slot.

Not bad,Do you have any old thick shoe box's laying around? If so you can make it cleaner looking and like an actual card cooler

Homemadecardcooler.jpg

I just did that now for the heck of it and it only took about 5 minute's and fit's right in a pci slot perfectly :)

I did this a long time ago. Posted a pic of it here before actually, but there's no way I'd be able to find it now otherwise I'd show you a pic. I have since taken it apart and all that though.

I was COOLER though (all puns intended) cause I actually used 2 fans from AMD64 stock heatsinks so they basically were the length of my card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom