05 benefit from dual core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtk pro l

Daemon Poster
i need to know, because im about to buy a fx55 that i can clock to about 3.7 but if it sucks nuts at 05 then i dont want it? anybody know?

Actually if you're going to oc, i recommend getting a opteron 170/165 and watercooling, instead of spending all of that money on a single core cpu.

umm yea thats what i was contemplating. currently looking for a 170 0550 VPMW. anyone got one? lol.

so it does benefit from dual core or what?

you're buying a card so it will do well in 05? i think you're missing th point of benchmarking. don't buy components so they'll get you good scores in a benchmark test, look at the games you play and see if they'll benefit from at an X2 processor. suppose 05 did benefit; if the games you play dont, then its pointless.
and no, i don't think 05 benefits from X2.

umm...yea, i dont want to get in this arguement again. just answer the question and dont tell me which parts to buy.

Ok a fx-55 at 3.7ghz is god like if its even possible. I dont know so I am not going to say it is or isnt. People say that its worth getting a dual core now and not wait till later when youll regret it. Right now single cores do better in games. I just looked up and it says for benchmarks it is better to get a dual core. A x2 3800 or a opty 165 seem to get decent oc's. People easily seem to hit fx-60 speeds with 165 and x2 4200, 4400 speeds with the x2 3800. For BENCHMARKING, get a DUAL CORE!

Just one question, why just for 3dmark05 scores? I mean I kind of did the same but won $1,000 for building a computer to hit 8k in 3dmark05 and then sold it (dont ask, stupid rich friends). The guy bought it for almost $500 more than I originally paid for it on newegg I guess just because of oc's. Ended up making $1500. ROFL.......

i am sick of this line
Right now single cores do better in games.
it is completely false. that is because people compare processors by price. if you compare a dual core at the same clock speed to a single core then you'll see that the dual cores actually have a slight advantage in general and a massive advantage in multi-threaded games. i'd also like to point out that there is a dual core match for every single core clock speed except the FX-57.

i hate to say it but if you want a specific stepping people sell good stepings on ebay and test it and they usually tell you how far they clocked it.

show_oc.php

[answering your question] It is possible to hit thouse speeds like 3.7ghz but the cooling you need is impracticle for more than a few hours. The voltage will kill the CPU if used for any longer than to test it for a very short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom