My first PC build - high end system, please help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
k heres what you wanna do, DO NOT waste money on SLI. and if u can spend that much get a ATI X1900 XTX or just XT, they are really good cards.

For ram just get some regular G.Skill Dual channel 2gb ram, any of theirs is fine. as for mobo, since SLI IS A COMPLETE waste of money, so switch the board to MSi k8n neo4-f.

as for monitor, the vx922 is not good at playing dvds apparently , and old good for gaming. get a viewsonic vp930b and if u go this high get the LG L2000C

john3 said:
k heres what you wanna do, DO NOT waste money on SLI. and if u can spend that much get a ATI X1900 XTX or just XT, they are really good cards.

For ram just get some regular G.Skill Dual channel 2gb ram, any of theirs is fine. as for mobo, since SLI IS A COMPLETE waste of money, so switch the board to MSi k8n neo4-f.

as for monitor, the vx922 is not good at playing dvds apparently , and old good for gaming. get a viewsonic vp930b and if u go this high get the LG L2000C

What do you think of the OCZ RAM?

And what makes you say SLI is garbage? Since I've never used it, I'd just like to hear a little bit more about that. I know you have a lot more experience with these builds obviously, so your advice is much appreciated.

I'm looking at that LG monitor, and several other ones too (just still shopping for a monitor, some of teh BenQs look real nice - especially the price, etc.).

SLi is for people who are rich and want to show that they are. you pay double the price, and usually get no higher a performance increase than maybe 20% some people get 20-30.....but..still.

OCZ is a great company, but G.skill has the best Value ram.

john3 said:
SLi is for people who are rich and want to show that they are. you pay double the price, and usually get no higher a performance increase than maybe 20% some people get 20-30.....but..still.

OCZ is a great company, but G.skill has the best Value ram.

Does it hurt to get a SLI mombo just in case, even if I only go for 1x 7900GTX? Otherwise, are there any other good mombo suggestions?

yeah there are some really good sli boards and even if you have one card you can upgrade it later when more demanding games come out

that would be a good idea

(sli doesnt improve framerates that much but when you are playing high quailty games with anti aliasing like oblivon thats when youll need sli)

ManBearPig said:
yeah there are some really good sli boards and even if you have one card you can upgrade it later when more demanding games come out

that would be a good idea

(sli doesnt improve framerates that much but when you are playing high quailty games with anti aliasing like oblivon thats when youll need sli)

(Thanks again everyone for your help!!!)

I like Oblivion... hmmm. Still, if 1x 7900GTX gives me similar performance to 2x 7900GT for less money...

it's usually a 30-40% increase from what I'm told, while other may not say that's much, or that it isn't cost efficient, that's a rather sizeable increase in my eyes, well worth the money, if you have money to throw around.

if you want to get an sli board go ahead. but ur just wasting money. if ever there will be more demanding games that a single card, like 7900GTX or x1900xtx, cant handle on high settings....well there wont be. ATIs coming out with te R600, Nvidia with G80s.

Like i said before a good mobo is MSI K8N neo4-f. or a DFI Lanparty ( despite what dwarf might say, its a great board, just need to make sure u update bios)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom