HP laptop doesn't power up - A/C adapter light goes dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

amagab

Beta member
Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion ZD7000 and as many others I am having problems with it. It does not power up and according to many other people it is the power jack that's at fault. Well, I was able to replace the power jack on the motherboard with a fresh one but it still doesn't work.

To rule out the a/c adapter I tested one of those universal adapters by iGo Juice company.

Now this is the weird thing:
I plug in the a/c adapter in the wall outlet....the blue power indicator light goes on. When I plug the other end into the laptop the blue light goes out.

Why is that? Does that hint to any problem?

I highly appreciate an answer to this as the laptop is very pricey.

Thanks!

see if you can find other AC adapters for the laptop. You might be able to get a universal one at Radio Shack for cheaper than one from HP.

Thanks for your reply but it is not the ac adapter that is the problem. I use that adapter for another computer and it works fine.

The thing that boggles my mind is that when I hook up the ac adapter to the HP laptop that doesn't power up the blue light on the ac adapter turns off, without powering up the computer.

Does this mean something? I am trying to troubleshoot the problem with the laptop.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom