OC'ing a Pentium D 820

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaname

In Runtime
I just got a Pentium D 820 @ 2.8 and got it in and working, a big step up from a celeron d OC'd @ 2.8.

I wanna start OC'ing this chip now. Anybody had any experience OC'ing an 820? Any tips besides the norm when dealing with it?

BTW gotta Arctic Cooling 7 HSF, 420w Aspire PSU, 5 case fans (1 120mm, 4 80mm), ASUS P5VDC-MX mobo, and 2GB Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 (not a typo, I'm in the process of upgrading as I get the money, DDR2 667 and a new mobo, is next on my list.)

i have seen people get up to 3.8 on good air cooling i wanted to get the 805 people have gotten it to 4 ghz on air.
as your sig says an x2 would be better when i save up over the summer from my job i think it wil be right in time for skt AM2 but i may just end up with a conroe from intel that things a beast at stock it gets a better pi score (16 seconds!) than any o/ced amd proccesor but thats intel next geneation idk what amd has up it sleave

I'm contemplating a conroe to, but AMD also has a K10 core in development which is supposed to be able to process a single thread over multiple cores to be extremely efficient so I'm thinking about waiting for that as well

kaname said:
I'm contemplating a conroe to, but AMD also has a K10 core in development which is supposed to be able to process a single thread over multiple cores to be extremely efficient so I'm thinking about waiting for that as well

I'll go ahead and say it: If we all waited for the next thing we'd never get anything in the wonderful world of tehnology.

Timaphillips said:
I'll go ahead and say it: If we all waited for the next thing we'd never get anything in the wonderful world of tehnology.

I know, it really sucks. :D

kaname, I think everything you have right now is pretty good, except the one thing that sucks, is your Video card. Trash that thing and get yourself something with some balls...

HAVOC2k5 said:
kaname, I think everything you have right now is pretty good, except the one thing that sucks, is your Video card. Trash that thing and get yourself something with some balls...

I know, the card is crap, I got a 7800gt coming as we speak

Cause I got a slightly used one for a lot cheaper, I could barely afford the used one, I couldn't afford a 7900gt new cause all my money is going to student loans right now. I've been living off of ramen for the past week because of the 7800gt. :D

kaname said:
Cause I got a slightly used one for a lot cheaper, I could barely afford the used one, I couldn't afford a 7900gt new cause all my money is going to student loans right now. I've been living off of ramen for the past week because of the 7800gt. :D

Take my advice and only get the chicken ramen. The shrimp, from experience, will make you want to throw up in your mouth a little.....And that 7800GT is a **** fine card nonetheless. Major upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom