are the Ipod srereo's any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my pioneer receiver + four 12" 3-way MTX + 100watt 10" sub + soon to be center speaker will pwn all of those systems hands down.

they really dont make sound systems like they used to. i dont even need the sub, i only have it on for movies when i want that extremely loud rumbling like they have in theatres once in a while. it gets annoying though, subwoofers really arent necessary when you have a 12" woofer in each corner of the room.

Qiranworms said:
And for continuity, I will continue by saying that I've never felt the Bose Wave Radio (as nice a product as it is) is something you'd call a "theatre" system.

Well, when I refer to Bose, I was talking about this product line. This is the iPod HiFi's main target, and I think Apple hit it on the mark. :)
Now, if Apple would just freakin ADVERTISE the darn thing... then it might have some sort of impact. As far as I know, the iPod HiFi sales are pathetic, and slowly dwindling...

i dont get it, you could buy what i described above for 200 bucks less than that box with speakers costs, who would buy that?!

mac_mogul said:
Well, when I refer to Bose, I was talking about this product line. This is the iPod HiFi's main target, and I think Apple hit it on the mark. :)
Now, if Apple would just freakin ADVERTISE the darn thing... then it might have some sort of impact. As far as I know, the iPod HiFi sales are pathetic, and slowly dwindling...
I thought you were referring more to this product line. Haven't actually seen one of the ones you mention, but it's definitely not in the same price catagory. I have a hard time imagining that the Apple product would actually have comparible sound quality at less than half the price of this device, but as I said before, I haven't heard either, so I can't properly judge.

Well, I'm thinking I should've mentioned this before, lol. I have heard the iPod HiFi. My friend's brother is an Apple representative for Schools in Kansas. He's got one and the sound quality is comparable to the Bose Accoustic wave systems. Even at high volumes, the iPod HiFi has almost no bass distortion. Even the bose systems tend to distort bass at high volume. And the biggest thing about the iPod HiFi is that its portable. The Bose accoustic wave systems are fairly heavy and are not portable. It just really angers me that Apple isn't advertising the HiFi! :mad: It truly is an amazing sound system.

are you kidding me ive been seeing commercials about it like a month before it came out i usually go to the apple store when i go to the mall and i checked it out and its good but you can get better for the money cept id have to agree and say that it does beat the bose sound dock and the bose wave systems arent even for ipod

you can buy an adapter at Radio Shack that lets you connect the IPOD to any stereo you want, i dont know why companies make "IPOD" stereos...

talldude123 said:
i dont know why companies make "IPOD" stereos...

Probably the same reason that companies make satellite radio stereos.

If a company makes more product specific accessories, then they make more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom