System Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtpacygax

Banned
Hi,

I just bought a Maxtor external hard drive and I hooked it up to my computer. I noticed and icon in my system tray once I turned the hard drive on.

This is a picture of the icon in the system tray, and the window that it opens up when I click it:

I never had problems removing unwanted icons from the system tray, but this icon I can not figure out how to remove. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of this icon (not just hide it). If I don't need this program or whatever it is, please tell me how to get rid of it. I believe it may be a type of service, so is there a way to disable the service in the administrative tools? Is there a way to remove it through the registry? Anyway you can think of please tell me.

Thanks,
Ted

right-click the notification area, and selecting Properties. Under the Notification area heading, click Customize. Find the Safely Remove Hardware icon and select Always hide in the Behavior column next to it (press OK and Apply to back out).

But that only hides it and an arrow shows up to view it. I want to totally remove it from the system tray.

hey dude that icon is default windows xp hot plug hardware removal tool used to remove hardware safely y do u wanna get rid of that.............

I can turn off my own external hard drive and unplug it. I don't need some program telling me it is ok to unplug it. I really just don't like having icons on the system tray, except for the two that I already have. I really want to get rid of this. Can I just remove the program or service from my computer all together. Can someone explain how?

Dang, stuff like this that I can't get rid of ****es me off. I guess I will just have to hide it. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom