Sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentali$T

Daemon Poster
Hi, i have got myself enough money to get myself a nice new sound card. At the moment i have HD 7.1 on board sound and i was wondering if this is actually any good and if its worth getting either the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 or the X-Fi Fatal1ty. Will i notice a lot more difference in quality. Do these cards even support HD sound?
If so which is better? im guessing the X-Fi is but is there a lot of difference?

Thanks

There isn't...I had the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro and i recently "upgraded" to the X-Fi and i was VERY unhappy with it so i switched back to my Audigy...so i recommend the Audigy 2 ZS P.P.

Ok thanks. Does this support HD? my onboard sound does so wouldnt really want to down grade from that.

Awesome. Thanks Jdhore1. Is there a reason for the X-Fi being so much more expensive? If it gives the same level of sound quality then i'll be getting the Audigy 2 and save myself £50

umm...no...He might be referring to something else...The Audigy 2 and the X-Fi both support HD (24 bit) audio...The X-Fi costs more money simply because it's "for gamers" and they know gamers will pay a higher price for basically nothing...

Get the X-fi, you will be disappointed by the Audigy2 when all the new games start coming out (like UT2007). It has EAX 5.0 and it's virtual headphone surround is the best I've ever heard.

Quake 4, Doom 3, BF2 and FEAR already take advantage of the X-fi, UT2007 will follow, as will anything using the unreal 3 engine.

BUT, just get the xtrememusic, the fatal1ty is a waste of money.

thanks 003 i hav Q4, and am looking forward to ut2007, i guess this is when u notice the difference between the 2 cards. whats the difference between the xtrememusic and the fatal1ty? Thanks guys

The fatal1ty has 64mb of onboard cache (which only works on games that support it), and it has the drive bay thing. The xtrememusic has 4mb of cache and no drive bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom