Avoid spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAWN

Field Engineer
We need to come up with a proper way to remove spam or at least reduce it by a long shot on these forums. I personally feel that we should disallow users to open a new topic unless they have an "x" amount of posts or something along those lines. New users can contribute to current topics to up their post count. Check out http://www.maximas.org to see how they work. You need 15 posts to open a new thread. Not saying it should be 15. Maybe 2 or 3.

That wouldn't really work well for this kind of forum. The mojority of posters only come here b/c they have a problem they need fixed. If they were unable to create a new thread b/c of their current post count, they would leave and post somewhere else.

It wouldnt deter many spammers either. They are smart enough too just go into a thread, spam once or twice and then go ahead and make more threads. I dont really think there is a solid way of stopping spam. :confused:

We need some moderators in the Gaming sections.

There is spam in there from months ago, and i've reported it.

Maybe everybody should just be Super Moderators instead of making them assigned for each section.

All mods can lock and edit threads, as well as move them.

Super Mods are given the ability to ban members and to alter some aspects of users' accounts.

Sorry, but all of the mod team (mods, supers, and admin) have lives outside of TF, be it school, a job, or whatever.

Reporting SPAM is the best thing to do... NOT adding your own quips and remarks in return. Doing so just kicks the thread to the top of the list and encourages more of the same.

Well More Mods would be a solution. Who? No Idea...

On the OCC, one of the links in my sig, Users trying to join with free email accounts are denied.
Im not sure if we do that here, but, the OCC never has spammers like this place does. Don't know if thats a coincidence... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom