mobo psu question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TREMBER

Baseband Member
i am about to build a new pc and i have a case and a 480w antec psu that only has 20pin mobo connector.

can i plug a 20 pin into a 24 pin or do i need to buy a adapter or should i just get a new psu altogether

i know its a antec psu its a true blue i think.my bro gave me his old comp put he took out the hard drive and it was starting to have problems any way

2.6 p4 478
msi mobo

i will be putting probably a low end opty or a lower end amd 64. but i wont have but probably one hd maby 2 in the future

naaa id just get an adaptor, thats a fine psu for what you got, no need for a new one

Just try plugging the 20 into the 24.
I did it on my computer and i had it that way for 1 year. I had no problems, and everything worked fine.

I wouldn't reccomend it for stability reasons.

You can probably find a nice 500w FS Nortron PSU for $50 that's got 24 pins.

Screwing with the PSU is never a good idea, because if it messes up, it'll often take other components with it.

Brtnboarder495 said:
I wouldn't reccomend it for stability reasons.

You can probably find a nice 500w FS Nortron PSU for $50 that's got 24 pins.

Screwing with the PSU is never a good idea, because if it messes up, it'll often take other components with it.

well your not really screwing with the psu, or making any modifications.... You just plug it into the upper 20...

It even says to do so in most LGA775 mobo manuals, when it says what to do if you lack a 24pin PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom