Modem/Router Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok so I just got a new modem called a Webstar DPC2100 after having my old modem of 5 years take a dumb on me. I tried to install the modem directly to my computer via the disk my isp gave me and nothing. So since there was nothing more I could do I just decided to plug in my Linksys BEFSR41 router that my step-dad got for free and guess what? I just plug it in and everything is working fine. So now I figure I will just use it for a while? WRONG. I went to see what my internet seems slow and its because after replacing modem/router my connect via many speed tests are 1/2 slower than before. So I am like alright I got an old dell modem, lets try that. Well found out I cant because I cant get a signal by hooking directly to computer. Can anyone help me?

Are you talking about cable modems? Install it using the ethernet ports and not USB. Did you try releasing and renewing your ip address?

Wrong forum btw.

Ok yes it is the cable modem. I did try ethernet and refuse to use usb(many issues in past with usb!!!!). I also try release and renewing ips use command but it crashes. I know its wrong forum. I posted here cause it is pretty close in terms of an issue and my other post was up for 2 days and nothing.

Have you tried calling your ISP tech support? Usually they can help you better because they know their product and services.

Its Cablevision, if you dont know them then you dont want to. They couldnt help me and said to go to the store and get a new one. I did and same crap. And they dont know a thing about their product and services. I would know since my dad has been dealing with then for over 10 years. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom