• +5V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -5V

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should use one just in case, but I think if you just are always touching the case when handling components you should be fine:confused:

When building a computer and working with valuble stuff its not worth the risk, i just bought a 10 dollar wrist band which i think outweighs a new 100+ motherboard.

I actually use an antistatic mat that not only prevents ESD on the case, but demagnatizes my tools as well. The only time Ive seen ESD to damage was from a screwdriver, and you bet your ass I learned my lesson then and there.

A smart person can avoid it, a smarter person protects against it.

Shrapnill said:
A smart person can avoid it, a smarter person protects against it.
That’s worth repeating, and as someone else mentioned, a £5.00 wristband saving the possibility of damaging my £300.00 + video card. Not a risk I am going to take.

And seriously... just because 2/3 of us (according to the poll as it currently stands) don't have antistatic straps doesn't mean you shouldn't... In fact, maybe that's a good reason to get one and use it any time you are working inside your computer. You'd one-up the majority of us...

i never bother and i have only fried a motherboard and soundcard by static shock! but they were both old!

hygor said:
i never bother and i have only fried a motherboard and soundcard by static shock! but they were both old!

sounds like i should get 1 i dont want any of my hardware getting fried that ezy:) but i all ready Built half of my computer but ill still get one.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom