Adding RCA Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZX2fst

Solid State Member
I was wondering if a motherboard didn't come with the RCA video or s-video ports. Can you just add that port to the motherboard? Cause the motherboard I have did not come with it, but it has to spots open for the RCA Video Port and S-video port. It is a Epia Via C3 mini-ITX board.

Thanks
Corey

to me it sounds like he means on the backpanel of the motherboard, which doesn't necessarily mean he can upgrade the motherboard. if you are crazy like myself and electronically minded it may be that the motherboard already has all the necessary hardware required for the composite video output and you could solder the jack on but i wouldn't reccomend it. the same could be possible for s-video but thats even harder. easiest just to get a graphics card.

yea it has the points on the backpanel for the ports, but like you said I dought they made it upgradeable. so yea I think I will just buy a card for it instead. I could solder it on there but that is not going to garentiee that it will work or might even burn up the board. so I will just buy a card.

thanks for the help
Corey

ok another question since I need to get a video card with RCA ports. does anyone know of a card that is a really low-profile card? cause what it is, I have built a system to put into my car and the space the board is in is not that big. so I need a really low-profile card. I don't need a very high end card for gaming, just something for video, no games or anything like that so just a basic card with video out.

Thanks
Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom