Workgroup not accessible XP and 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
I have got 2 PCs (laptop win2003 SP1) and Desktop (windows XP professional SP2).

There is no firewall on both PC,,,they are connecting to each other through ADSL Linksys WAG54g V2, they can ping each other, and they can ping the ADSL router, and they can access the internet without any problem.

Desktop is connected wired to the router, laptop is connected wirelessly to the router,,,,they are under same workgroup name as well.

Recently (suddenly) I tried to access the folders on winXP from win2003 (which is I used to do before without any problem), I recieved this error message:
Workgroup not accessible. You night not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

reboot the router. See if that fixes the problem.
Then try plugging the laptop into the router, no wireless and test it there.

What happenes?

You may also want to try resetting the shared permissions for the folder you are trying to access... Can you whack into the machine via the run line?

ex: \\machinename\c$

reboot the router. See if that fixes the problem.
It was not helpful.

Then try plugging the laptop into the router, no wireless and test it there.
I will try this.

You may also want to try resetting the shared permissions for the folder you are trying to access
It was not helpful.

Can you whack into the machine via the run line?
Yes I can. I tried run-->cmd-->\\192.168.1.65 (without C$) ,,,I was able to access the C partition and D partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom