Virus Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
This morning I got an email disguised to look exactly like it came from Microsoft with their logos and all claiming to be an update for Explorer and Outlook with an attachment. It had authentic links embedded to Microsoft. So like a dumbass I started to run the program and luckily I have an antivirus (eztrust EZ antivirus...free) which screamed at me that it was the virus WIN32.SWEN.AWORM. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

I should have realized that Microsoft is not going to send me an email personally, that they would used the auto-update manager instead.

Wow... I guess its an honest mistake... but people who make such mistakes are exactly the type of people hackers target.

We should excersise more caution when it comes to suspicios code..

Microsoft states that they will NEVER send out personel E-Mail's. I received an Email from US Bank with a high priority to click on their link & give them all my personel info, Credit card #'s ATM Card #'s etc... So they could update my personel info. Problem is I don't bank with US Bank! Definitely a Scam! We all got to be really careful nowadays. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom