Why All the Fuss about Conroe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
I don't think 1.5 months is something to scoff about in developing computer technology.

however that being said, I don't think anybody here has said that AM2 is what will bring AMD up.

for example, I mentioned "reverse hyperthreading" - an interesting technology for dual core CPU's

Well 1.5 months is a long time but not when it comes to releasing a cpu. Right now they are working on producing the chips so I don't think we will see any change from these last benchmarks, if there is a change it would be very minor. As for the reverse hyper threading technology that shouldn't be out for awhile.

Conroe will be the new cpu king for some time but after that who knows. Hopefully AMD or Intel pull something off that has a 40% increase in performance over Conroe in a year or so. :p

It sounds to me like you are a bit of a Intel fanboy, Radiance? Where did I say AM2 will beat Conroe? I'm just saying, as alot of people here are, that AMD might have something up their sleeve (NOT NECESSARILY AM2), even if its a couple of months after the release of Conroe.

WOW! You did not just freakin call me an Intel fanboy! Oh My God...I run a freakin Athlon 64 in my system, and I'll declare to the world that the Pentium 4 architecture is the worst thing Intel ever created. However this "sounds to you" it severly messed up and I'm not going to waste my time writing this out in crayon for you because there are people smarter than you that I actually care about and I'm going to talk to them in facts. Speaking of facts...

Have I said anything in this thread other than facts? Every single piece of crap that I've said in this thread has been set-in-stone fact. I DO NOT SPECULATE. To think that AMD has anything up it's sleeve AT ALL is just plain stupid. VIA WILL NOT storm the CPU market by ANY stretch of the imagination. I know that was an example of "anything being possible," but guess what, "Anything" IS NOT POSSIBLE.

I've already told you that AMD plans to revise the K8 architecture (thats what the Athlon 64s are based on for fools like magouster who have no idea about computers) and introduce K8L at the end of 2007. THAT is ALL that AMD has "up it's sleeve," you understand that? There is NOTHING else, OR WE WOULD KNOW ABOUT IT. And even then, we know next to nothing about what AMD is introducing in K8L so NO NEED TO SPECULATE ON FACTLESS CRAP. And this is not "a couple of months after Conroe," this is over a year after Conroe.

Intel fanboy my ***...I'm a fanboy of performance you fool. If Athlon 64s are the best processors in the world, then I will go with them. If the Intel Conroe kick's the Athlon 64's ***, then I will go with that.

If AMD's K8L manages to beat the Conroe, then I will support the K8L and bash Conroe. You understand that magouster? A fanboy OF PERFORMANCE.

Its fools like you who pick a side and then argue it to **** with no basis for your claims WHATSOEVER. That is what makes YOU an AMD fanboy. I own a AMD system, but h3ll will freeze over before I devote myself to one team. You are still a newbie to the computer world, it may take a year or so (some of these people are just sad, having been here for many years), but you'll learn.

To prove my point, Conroe DOES have a fault. It still does not have an IMC (Integrated Memory Controller). But I personally think that the 35% greater performance is a very fair excuse for not having an IMC and so Conroe may indeed end up being my next PC upgrade.

Green Radience said:
VIA WILL NOT storm the CPU market by ANY stretch of the imagination. I know that was an example of "anything being possible," but guess what, "Anything" IS NOT POSSIBLE.
I know "anything" is not possible, but that is not what I meant. I meant that we can't predict the future. unless mankind makes some major breakthroughs in Quantum Physics, that won't change.

nothing is 100%, and there is no such thing as perfection. yes, Conroe will probabbly be on top upon release. but that being said, that is also not 100%. if conroe wins, and yes it probabbly will on release, we don't know for how long.

I'm not even going to argue with you any further.
also, I am close to locking this thread

apokalipse said:

also, I am close to locking this thread
why? thats like abusing admin power to me. pls be civil. im w/ Green Radience on this one. i myself own AMD at the moment but looks like conroe will be the next one in the "great cpu" list near future. i go w/ whatever CPU gives me the performance. thats all i care. but at least i hope AMD wont go bunkrupt and bought by Dell and stuff. that would be sad. i actually wish there are more companies make CPU. only thing i dont like about intel is their monopolism. yet, my real main comp is still mac G5. lol

You like the whole "SET IN STONE" thing, don't you Radience? Much the same type of argument you used in another thread about DX10. I like performance as well, I USED TO RUN INTEL SYSTEMS UNTIL I BOUGHT THIS ONE! I'm not some frustrated little American 16-year-old (no offence intended to others) who reads things on the net, and then conveniantly closes his mind to all further rational and adult discussion. Personally, I wish Conroe falls on its arse with some major recall or something, not cause I'm an AMD fanboy, but just to see you make a fool of yourself.

Apokalipse, I think you can close this thread now, its obviously a waste of bandwidth and time!

boomstick666 said:
why? thats like abusing admin power to me. pls be civil.
because this thread is getting out of the boundaries of what's "civil"

I won't lock it now, but if the thread continues in the direction it's in now.....

apokalipse said:
the AM2 benchmarks people have seen are very early ones. AMD has just got it working so far. now they're trying to iron out bugs and improve on it.

also, AM2 is not all AMD will have to offer. look for "reverse Hyperthreading"

anyway, maybe conroe will end up on top of AMD, maybe AMD will pull something great out to beat coroe. we don't know yet what is going to happen.

I mean, for a while, ATI was very on top of the market with their 9000 series graphics cards. but then, Nvidia surprised ATI with their 6800's. they rushed out the X800's, and Nvidia ended up on top.

yeah i read about reverse hyperthreading.

i just dont get what the advantage of makin one core seem like two to the operating system.

but making 2 or more cores seem like one :p

ahhhh yyeeaaaa thats the stuff AMD

w00t!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom