wtf is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickbeaton

Solid State Member
hey, im new to these forums, i signed up becuse i have been having a lot of problems with my computer (ibuypower) and i was wondering if you could help me out becuse there "tech support" is a bunch of people who speak broken english (no offense to anyone). i have had to return the computer several times and the latest time was for a video card. when i got the computer back it had a broken video card so i ordered the new one free of charge because its under warrenty and it seems to work fine but when i run F.E.A.R., condemned: criminal origins, and a bf2 this is what happens

^^thats a screenshot from condemned, its much worse in fear

and its barely noticable in bf2 so i wint take a screen.
all of these games used to work before my computer broke
is this a problem with my card or drivers or what? i already reinstalled the drivers so i dont think thats it. and the and the "tech support guy" listened to like four words and said "you need new card" so i dont know what to do because im allways sending back these parts and stuff so this time i decided to ask someone else.
all of these games used to work before my computer broke

specs:
p4 3.2ghz 64bit
windows xp pro (32 bit)
1gb kingston ddr2
ati radeon 9600 xt
gigabyte GA-8IP775-G

naa definately not overheating this occured like a few minuits after putting the card in, and now like 6 hours later my gpu temp is 32 C and i tested a few more games and CoD 2 runs good. and i definately have the newest drivers, i got them from ati.com and unless they put old drivers up there ive got the newest ones

looks like your computer has super aids......jk.... anywho, try messin with the ATI settings, make sure you don't have any funky shader options on or stuff like that.

i checked out all of that already i tried disabling dtx texture formats and disabling catalyst AI and neither worked... i think the card is just trashed even thought i just got it today

i already ordered the new card because its free anyways, my computer is under warrenty but i would like to be able to solve this problem without replacing the card. any more suggestions?

hmm any ideas fow what driver i should try? are there third-party drivers for ati cards? if not i will just get an older version of the catalys driver.

edit: i found a driver called omega and its based off of catalyst i will give this one a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom