Increasing Stock Fan Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManBearPig

In Runtime
i only have one fan in my "GaY A S S dell" and it runs very hot (my video card is the hottest part of the comp 47-54C) and i want to know if i could somehow hack the mobo and increase the fan speed or if theres someway to increase it inside the computer.

because i have 3 bays open in the front and 4 pci slots open in the back my whole room heats up...

Those temps are fine. There's really no point in doing this, your gonna make case super loud for nothing. The computer was built that way and I don't think Dell is going to ship a computer that's going to overheat on you. And to prove my point, your temps are fine:D If you really want you can always download speedfan and use that.

speedfan does not work with my fan.. i want my fan speed increased i can deal with the noise on my own

speedfan is only able to change the speeds of fans connected to the mobo...so if its directly to the psu.. sorry but you cant change it.

I don't know what the Dell Mobos look like, but can't you buy a third party fan, switch it whichever fan that you want to, and connect it ot the motherboard/powersupply? Like the guy before me said, If you can't connect it to the mobo, you probably have to do a hardware related change to control speed (fan control, maybe? I dunno much about them). But if it's third party, at least you know how much air it's moving and that it probably will cool down which ever computer part more than the dell stock fan.

i do not think you can change the speed of fan in your situation. you can probably add more fans. (or replace the fan w/ more powerful one) but its gonna be manual adjustment. means you buy switch/fan controller and you turn it on/off when you need it to be on manualy. so it is not gonna be connected to your mobo at all. but by all means, dell is not supposed to be OC or overheat. and you have ok temp....so what you are going to do is waste of money and time but its your comp and your choice.

the stock fan is plugged into the mobo

apparrently my temps arent good because when i play css for about 2 hours my comp shuts off, which is probably becasue my video card doesnt even have a cooling fan.. i want to increase my fan speed so i dont have that problem. (also i can overclock my video card alittle more hehehe..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom