hard drive issue on new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweyedeya18

In Runtime
ok, put together the computer tonight celeron D, asus p5rd1-vm motherboard, 6200tc and a western digi hard drive, when loading XP it searches for all devices and seems to work perfectly then when the prompt to install/repair option comes up for windows i hit install then it says can not find hard drive, but when everything is posting it says WD 8000etc so it reads it, but nothing happens.

(for the haters, i know this stuff is pretty low quality but for a build which cost me a few spares i had laying around +300$ it cant be beaten)

im guessing its the hard drive but i dont have any other non formatted hard drives to switch out, is there anything i can do to troubleshoot it otherwise???

not really sure what to do

its pure dumb not to have a floppy disc because its a super cheap and easy way to do these kinds of things.. go down to your local electrics store and buy one.. or just use one of your other pcs ones.. the drivers should be easy enough to find on google or wd homepage, right?

the person i bought the motherboard from told me to install a ide hd then an sata as the secondary once i install windows, im half way through formatting the ide hd but things seem to be going fine, ill keep y'all informed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom