CPU and MB choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
i've been looking at building a mid-range gaming computer over the summer, i don't want anything to expensive but, i want something that will get the job done (the most graphic intensive game will probably be Call of Duty 2)

I've been looking at this MB:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138268

I want to know if i'm better off going with an Athlon 64 or stay with the Sempron 64 i orginally looked at, i'll also eventually upgrade the graphics when i get the chance any thoughts would be appreciated

Depends, I would say upwards of 600-700, I would like to save some money since i'm only 15 and the summer job i have doesn't exactly pay that much (that depends on how you look at it average of about $100-150 a month), thats why i said over the summer

thats not a bad budget.

is it just for the tower? or do you also need OS/monitor/speakers and all that junk?

What, you don't have any problem with ATi not having any challenger to the 7600GT ManBearPig? Haha.

MSI K8N Neo4-F > Biostar TForce6100.

EDIT: Good God, I saw that one coming.

To the OP, stick with the 7600GT. The X850 has so much wrong with it (not even the least of it being the Dual Slot cooler). 7600GT > X850XT in any case.

They do. When the manufacturing quality is the same. ATi screwed their X800 series to ****. The 7600GT is a much newer card, much better designed, and it beats the X850XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom