Anti-virus / spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

parapa05

Solid State Member
Hello all,
I have a couple of questions
I have two programs I can install, however not sure if I should
I have Pc CIllin and spywaredoctor, I need to know whis is the best I can install, I mean I've heard If I have antivirus this slows the processing in your computer.
Which is the best antivirus/anty spyware I can use?
If I have this two programs does one stops the other?

Thank you for your help

PC-cillin is a good program, and its defenitely better than Norton Antivirus, thats for sure. Its not much of a pig on memory.

Spyware Doctor is good, because it picks up spyware while you are surfing and on your hard drive. I like how it blocks certain websites too.

If you're going to go the free route PC Cillin is fine, I'd recommend installing AVG as well (if it will let you) and maybe Zone Alarm firewall as well. For Spyware, Spywaredoctor is good, I'd get that along with Spywareblaster (launch each time before you surf) and Adaware, then you'll have several layers of protection.

I'd personally recommend AVG for anti-virus and Spywareblaster, Spybot S&D and MS Defender for spyware cleaning/prevention

I use something called HitMan (www.hitmanpro.nl) the site is in dutch but easy to find download button and the program is in engish. It contains about 7 different spywhere programs as many reports have noted, not 1 program gets rid of all spywhere and you seam to need to use a few different programs. The program uses mouse macros and is best to let it install, and apart from the first timey ou run it where you will need to accept the lisences to the softwear, it runs by it self from pressing start, to when it all finishes.

A brillaint program that I think everyone should use, its just best not to use your PC while its doing it as, as i said, it does move your mouse when 1 proram finishes and another needs to start

I use ClamWin and AVG for anti-virus. They compliment each other as one is an on-access scanner. For spyware I used Spybot and MS anti-spyware.

I find my computer kind of slow, latelly, and read that Ewido was a better a better antivirus how good is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom