XBOX 360 vs. Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
plug and play is what the console is about i love my compt, but im going to have to drop another $400-$500 before 2007 to bring it back up to very modern and i just built it 8 months ago, but im buying a 360 soon because i want to play obvlion which i could play on my compt now, but the console just feels better as far as controls and easy use plus Halo 3 wont be to far away

The 360 version of Oblivion has frequent occurences where the frame rate drops into the TEENS. I've played the 360 version and experienced a bad chug down in frames during an outdoor fight which really broke up the overall mood. I like having a keyboard/mouse, modded content, frequent updates and patches, and better online gaming. I see consoles as something for people who can't afford decent gaming PCs but want to play games.

And those people end up playing the games at the same settings for $1200 less than it would take to build a comparable computer...

Sounds like those that build the computer are the stupid ones.

Beefcake said:
The 360 version of Oblivion has frequent occurences where the frame rate drops into the TEENS. I've played the 360 version and experienced a bad chug down in frames during an outdoor fight which really broke up the overall mood. I like having a keyboard/mouse, modded content, frequent updates and patches, and better online gaming. I see consoles as something for people who can't afford decent gaming PCs but want to play games.
I agree with that. Also you can definetly build a decent gaming PC for $400. Well decent by my definition any way. :D

Are you kidding me? $400 won't even get you a 6600GT. $400 will get you something similar to the "Low-end PC" pic in the GameSpot article. Screw the keyboard, I'll bear with the controller if I can get much better graphics from a 360.

Disadvantages of buying a console

1. Nonupgradable ( i meant that computers can last up to 3 years because of the upgradiblity, i have a crossfire mobo and one video card if i ever lack in graphics i can always buy another video card)
2. The Ram, CPU cache lacks in the x360
3. Its not an openended system. I can go online download mods, get new maps, guns for my games. I can burn movies, music etc.
4. The PC has a much smoother frame rate then a X360.
5. The Graphics will never compare to PC
6. an lcd screen vs a tv screen.. um hmmm i wonder..

basically if your an complete loser who doesnt have a job, is to lazy and ignorant to even learn about computers then the X360 is for you.

consoles are not just about graphics and upgrading like pcs they are also for when u have friends come over and u all play together plus i can think of it this way i can spend $400 on an xbox 360 or i can spend $400 on a new video card hmmz the 360 includes a cpu, gpu, psu, mobo... all the goodies of a compt for the price of a video card so basically im buying a very decent pc for the price of a video card plus i can play with all my friends at once and did u ever think that u can plug ur xbox360 into your monitor or better yet if u have a HD also u can download trailers demos and patches for games off xbox live for free and u can store music on it and or have an ipod play through it and watch dvds as well and for 360 hardware only thing really lacking is ram but its definately not as bad as u say

ok heres how i look at it:

PC the good: ridiculous functionality in comparison with a console(although the 360 is better at this), better graphics potential, faster in most cases, and you can justify the pc's price based on the fact that in order for most peoples lives to function they need a decent pc (the same cant be said for a xbox 360), Online capabilities, extra content, *making legal backup copies of software you already own*

PC the Bad: Every few months you feel like your out of date, consoles dont change for 3-4years, console price is cheaper but dont forget....games cost 10$ more on a console usually

Consoles the Good: Small, takes up less space, no hardware issue worries, nice graphics for the price

Consoles the bad: limited game library, PC's usually get games from all of the consoles and then some of their own exclusives....consoles usually look like crap ....n64, purple gamecube, even the first ps2 and the xbox is ugly as sin....

playing a console with friends? gaming is when you have free time. go get laid or go play some paint ball

Blaackoran lays it out perfectly. i like his explanation
Another plus for using a pc and building one is your likely to come across a computer at work or a friends computer that needs fixing and the knowledge you acquire by building a pc can be used (via a Job)

Basically if you are legit and dont settle for Mario as a real game you'll come to the big dogs. PC Gaming.

ManBearPig said:
Disadvantages of buying a console

1. Nonupgradable ( i meant that computers can last up to 3 years because of the upgradiblity, i have a crossfire mobo and one video card if i ever lack in graphics i can always buy another video card)
2. The Ram, CPU cache lacks in the x360
3. Its not an openended system. I can go online download mods, get new maps, guns for my games. I can burn movies, music etc.
4. The PC has a much smoother frame rate then a X360.
5. The Graphics will never compare to PC
6. an lcd screen vs a tv screen.. um hmmm i wonder..

basically if your an complete loser who doesnt have a job, is to lazy and ignorant to even learn about computers then the X360 is for you.

Thank you for numbering so I can poke holes in your logic.

1.) You don't need to upgrade a console. The Xbox 360, without any additional upgrades, will last you a good 2 to 3 years. You make the point of computers being upgradable. Riddle me this; How much money does it take to keep your PC fitted with the top-of-the-line videocard over the course of 2 to 3 years? Thats a lot of money buddy, and no comparison to the $360 for the Xbox 360.

2.) Your point? The CPU is a Tri-core processor with as much cache as it needs. And its not like the performance is hampered, the CPU is stronger than any CPU that any of us might have in your computers.

3.) You can download new maps and guns using Xbox Live!. True, you cannot download custom user content, but its a console, not a CAD system.

4.) That has not been proven. But keep in mind that the Xbox 360 graphics are comparable to a 7900GT in a PC. The 7900GT itself costs as much as the console ($300). Anything less than a 7900GT, and a PC will not be getting faster frame rates than the X360.

5.) Graphics will never compare to a PC? You need to read the thread dude, and check out the GameSpot article linked on the first page. Again, unless you have a 7900GT, the Xbox 360 will have better graphics than a PC can provide.

6.) Like I said, you need to read the thread. I already stated that you can use the Xbox 360 cable that connects to a HDTV and use it to connect to a LCD monitor like the one you're probably using right now.

I probably know more about computers than all but a few people on this forum, and if I had $360 and a Xbox 360 avaliable close to me, I'd go for it. I'm not exactly a fan of the controller, but I'd bear. I don't want to be upgrading my PC every couple of months to keep up with the Xbox360. Might I also note that you need atleast two computers to play any decent game in multiplayer with a friend. With a Xbox360, you can play with 4 simultaneously.

All this for $300? I'm game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom