AMD processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
my Sempron 64 2800+ has a core clock of 1.6GHZ. yet, it still runs games very well. I play Farcry a lot, Generals ZH (with several hard armies at once) and NFSU2 all with relatively high speeds
haven't got HL2, bt I expect it should run pretty descently aswell

apokalipse said:
you can't measure CPU performance by clock speeds alone. an Athlon XP at 2.4GHZ is considerably faster than any Celeron I've heard of

yea i guess you're right about the clock speed. my computer was a whole lot faster when i upgraded the cpu and mobo, and up until now i thought it was just the cpu.... when i looked into it a couple minutes ago, i realized that my old mobo's speed was 400mhz, and the one i have now is 1066mhz, so i guess that's why it's faster.

Ok by now people should realize how good Conroe is going to be. It's not an opinion it is a fact just search the numerous benchmarks (just go to hardforums.com and theres about 100 threads with conroe benchmarks). Conroe has been in the hands of some of the elite techy people for over a month now and they have ran many benchmarks. Conroe has been tearing up the fx-60 in everything even at lower clock speeds then it.

If this was AMD coming out with a new processor no one would doubt it being the best. But when Intel makes a better processor everyone acts like it's rigged or something. Please stop the fanboyism.

i am buying a amd processor and i want to know why amd is better than intel i mean intel proccessors have a bigger cache size... i just dont see why amd is so good

Right now AMD is better because it uses its clock cycles more effectively then Intel. Which means it can perform faster with a lower clock speed. This will all change in July when Intel releases Conroe those will be the new best.

There's no need for there to be any fanboyism at all. The Pentium 4 was a BAD architecture. The Athlon 64s were a GOOD architecture. Now the Intel Conroe is a GREAT architecture. What's there to argue about?

Its only Tech-Forums that has this problem. If you go to any Forum that actually has Hardware enthusiasts on it (I love [H]ardForums), you'll see that people there have straight heads on their shoulders. Its somewhat exasperating.

I guess thats what happens when you have a Forum where Gamers are the majority and people that actually know about Computer Hardware are the minority.

Green Radience, its not quite the case. most of us understand about conroe we just can't stand people polluting the minds of others by yelling about something that is still 4 or so months from release. no need for you to tell everyone because Intel will do that when they are ready and if AMD does actually come out with something better i suppose you will kick yourself for helping to make them the underdogs again. Intel pay people to make these claims for them so save yourself the trouble :). let time tell the story

Green Radience said:
Its only Tech-Forums that has this problem. If you go to any Forum that actually has Hardware enthusiasts on it (I love [H]ardForums), you'll see that people there have straight heads on their shoulders. Its somewhat exasperating.

I guess thats what happens when you have a Forum where Gamers are the majority and people that actually know about Computer Hardware are the minority.

Exasperating indeed.

Ok Nitestick, go anywhere out of Tech Forums, anywhere that isn't overflowing with 16 year old fools, anywhere that there are adults, and you'll be put in your place as far as Conroe goes. I'm not going to argue with you because I think you have no idea what you're talking about, and you're a AMD fanboy beyond repair. Thats that.

Here are a few facts;

1.) AMD isn't coming out with anything new. Magic CPUs don't pop up out of nowhere. We know about new CPUs a year before they come out. In the case of K8L, we know about it a year and a half before its coming out. Conroe will dominate until K8L (when who knows what will happen). I suggest you take your own advice and don't speculate on K8L's performance.

2.) Conroe is destroy the Athlon 64s. If you don't believe that, you're either extremely ignorant of the hardware world around you, or you just don't want to believe it, haha. Conroe isn't going to get any worse.

3.) AM2 isn't getting any better. Its too late in the game for that. Conroe still has a good 2-3 months before it comes out, but they're in no hurry. AM2 on the other hand, has less than 3 weeks before it comes out, and the last benchmarks 2 weeks ago showed miserable performance. AMD Athlon 64s don't benefit from the higher bandwidth provided by DDR2 memory. They might as well be moving to DDR2 because it looks more "advanced" to the layman when compared to DDR.

He's got a point there. im registered with [h]ardforums and it is a great forum, apart from the slow replies unlike tech-forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom