P5N32-SLI Deluxe compatible w/ ATI video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisR168

Solid State Member
Hi there,

I just have a concern regarding the P5N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard from ASUS. Ive been getting mixed feedback regarding the compatibility of ATI Radeon video cards with this motherboard. The chipset manufacteur is Nvidia, but I was told by the employees at the store that it should work with my ATI X1900 XTX.

I would just like to clarify this situation before purchasing this mobo. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

More info on the P5N32-SLI Deluxe : http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=227&model=745&modelmenu=1

Cheers!

Louis

if you're just using one card, yes it will work just fine.

don't attempt to put 2 in SLI......

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick responses! Much appreciated!

aliasaid: How would I go about configuring 2 video cards on this mobo? I thought SLI was designed for dual GPUs? Just curious because I might be looking at considering a large high-res monitor and the dual GPU setup might be worth while?

Still rather new to this technology, so any advice or suggestions would be helpful!

Louis:)

SLI is a technology specific to nVidia. if you want to use 2 GPUs you'll have to use nVidia for an SLI motherboard. ATI has their own version of SLI, and its called crossfire. if you want to use dual GPUs for ATI cards you'll need a crossfire motherboard.

for SLI.. you have to have THE EXACT SAME IDENTICAL CARD

for Crossfire.. gets kinda complicated... you need a mastercard and a regular video card.. lol.. donno how it works exactly with ati..

Ahhh. Now this somewhat clears it all up. So if I wanted to run Dual ATI GPUs, I would have to have a Crossfire Mobo, and lets say 1 x 512MB ATI X1900 XTX and 1 x 512 ATI X1900 XTX Crossfire?

Thanks for the help!

Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom