Computer will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman697

Solid State Member
Hi all there is a computer at work that will not boot up. The lady came in the office one day and the computer was just off. So she attempted to cut it on and it wouldnt do anything. Well I unhooked all the cables except the power cable and it turned on but I could hear that it wasnt loading or booting
up. Plugged the monitor in and just black screen. So I took the cover off the tower and I smelt a burn smell. The processor fan was running awfully slow
also. Any ideas to fix this pc?

hmm, have you taken the fan off the cpu and checked to see if there was any visible damage to the cpu?

It booted after you unplugged stuff because the psu is bad and it doesn't have enough juice juice to run everything,, Well that's the first thing I would try. Do you have a spare psu you can try?

hmm, the burning smell is throwing me off....

have you made sure that the jumpers on the motherboard are placed correctly? maybe one fell off.

FlashDude said:
It booted after you unplugged stuff because the psu is bad and it doesn't have enough juice juice to run everything,, Well that's the first thing I would try. Do you have a spare psu you can try?

good point.

I have a couple other computers at the house, maybe I can try one when I get home. At work right now :-( lol THanks guys

Replaced the system with a new power supply and still nothing. Just cuts on and nothing else. CDROM will not open, like nothing is getting power, what else could it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom