Media Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
I want to make the computer i'm building part of my entertainment center. i'll be using it for alot of gaming.

i'll have dual monitors. for the primary monitor, i'm thinking a 19" LCD of some kind, but thats not really the issue.

i'm in search of a flat screen >30" (plasma or lcd) that i'll be able to display HDTV from my gfx card and will look good for gaming. anyone know whats hot right now for big screen gaming?

Large (30" or larger) screens are typically not very good for gaming unless you have a VERY high-end graphics card and a TV that can display 1080p resolution

naaa, get a projector, and play over that, aww man that would rule, like 100", would that work?

wouldnt a projector intensify the problem? 100" @1080x768 resolution.... BF2 would look like pac-man for cryin out loud!

yeah...there's no easy way to win unless you get a display that can use dual-link (a la Apple 30" HD cinema display) where it's 2 DVI inputs to create one extremely hi-res signal

You could get a 32 inch widscreen to look good as long as it did 1920x1200 hi definition. But going any higher might be pushing it.

Mind you, I can barely output that resolution on a 24" widescreen, and thats not a plasma or anything. But that is with a 7800GT, you'll probably need SLI in the future for the upcomming games, the only real benefit of SLI is the results in hi-res.

Can you run higher resolutions on a plasma/lcd than recomended? for example, 1280x1024 on a screen w/ a natural resolution of 1024x768.

I think it depends on the TV, but I'm not posative. Usually the only one that will look good is the one it is designed for.

on a LCD, i don't believe you can go higher than native...I know you can go lower than native though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom