raise fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lopsided99

Beta member
im having trouble gaming.... fps is low and i think it should be way better. i kno some about computers, i mean i build them and i always over clock stuff but maybe im missing something here. i am new at it and id like to see if someone can help me please. here are my specs...

amd 64 3000+ clocked at 2.4 ghz (fsb @ 240)
1gb pc3200 ram
256 radeon saphire x800gt agp
socket 754 asus mobo 1600 fsb
160gb western digital hd 7200rpm
ultra 500W power supply

i want to know if any of you can help me out, id like some tips, none of which involve buying better hardware please. thank you so much. oh btw, my fps for oblivion is like 25-35 in buildings, and outside is like 35-60 max. for cod 2 it usually stays at like 30-50. idk y its so low, i have my vid card clocked at 554 for core and 584 for memory. PLEASE IM DESPERATE FOR FPS!!! thank you

-derek

what settings do you play oblivion on?....on full seeting with a 7900gtx you cant expect more that about 40fps out side, other than that, but if you have already lowered settings, then makes sure you clocse everything before starting it up

I'm guessing the X800 is the problem for Oblivion. Try 800x600 and see if it improves. But also remember that the brain only "sees" 24fps (that's why movies are filmed at that rate). So if you are getting say 30-35fps and don't have a major lag or jerkiness your good to go.

OK so kind of off topic but the "raise fps" reminded me.

My friend who thinks he's such a pc wiz told me the other day that the FPS's are "adjustable"...He said you just change the screen resolution, as if that didn't make it look like **** lmao. He has no idea that games are coming out that are toooo advanced for most systems, yet he claims to be a "sick gamer" hahhaahha

He's the kind of kid who buys top of the line gaming equipment yet plays CS 1.6 and DoD, all the while considering them TOP OF THE LINE games hahha. Who the helllll needs dual cpu motherboards and "SLI'd 6200's" to play AoE II and burn the occasional cd???

There MUST be a word for such a person. One oblivious to overkill of his system and demand for random ****, yet doesn't utilize ANY of it.

and hey.. NO, the brain see's more than 24... movies just use 24-30 with a MOTION BLUR.... so it looks smooth, but games on the other hand, can't use that motion blur... and the human eye may very well detect 200 fps, i know i see the difference between 50 and 70... i hate 50! but 70 looks d@mn delicious

and for the guy above me.. benny, dual 6200's can't do anything....

bryan64 said:
I'm guessing the X800 is the problem for Oblivion. Try 800x600 and see if it improves. But also remember that the brain only "sees" 24fps (that's why movies are filmed at that rate). So if you are getting say 30-35fps and don't have a major lag or jerkiness your good to go.
no way. ppl sees way more than 24fps...cmon..so you are saying 24fps and 100fps, you cant tell the difference?? please....and now days especially first person shooter games, you need to get 50 fps or above to be comfortable. at least to me it is.

Be really happy wit you fps in oblivion. Im only getting 15-30fps outside and 30-45 inside. Im at 800*600 med-high settings, i used to have hdr on. But turned that off, turned bloom and 4x AA. I think it looks better. Turn off grass COMPLETELY, its a system hog. I get like 25-45fps outside now with bloom and 4x AA.

IF you have HDR on turn that off that kills your system as well.

yeah movies are 24 fps with motion blur so one frame blurs into another making it seem smooth and try turning the grass of that and shadows are single handedly the most system hogging things in that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom