older Epson printer...keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an HP laserjet 3P, from around early 1993 (on the manufacturer tag), and it seems to run okay, its just bulky and slow. Its a great performer, and its had the same ink since 1999...still pretty full too. I cant find it though :(

I have one that is just laying in my closet becasue i got an all in one and i can say that it was definately worth it. I looked on ebay to see what i could get for it + my scanner and it was so low that it wasnt even worth it.

I've used Epson printers for years and I buy my ink from generic suppliers-I've had no trouble using non-Epson inks in them, as long as I print on a regular basis. Check out the prices for carts for your Epson 777 here

Bigbaddog - i wish i could get that ink, but im not American, and its probably got something wrong with it...for $2

apokalipse - Canon printers are known for costing almost nothing for ink. My friend has an old Bubblejet....costs about $10 to replace the cartridge and $15 to replace color.

talldude123 said:
apokalipse - Canon printers are known for costing almost nothing for ink. My friend has an old Bubblejet....costs about $10 to replace the cartridge and $15 to replace color.
that's one of the biggest things to me.

the prices of most ink cartridges is a joke...
I used to own an Epson Stylus Colour 900 (it's written as Color on the printer itself). it cost about AU$75 to replace both cartridges

but what is it really? it's just a little plastic container of ink....

the ink refill places get lots of money these days, and work awesome.

However, my parents dont think its a good deal...
so they buy no-name Best Buy brand ink.

talldude123 said:
Bigbaddog - i wish i could get that ink, but im not American, and its probably got something wrong with it...for $2

Something wrong? Well, the carts are made in China using cheap inks. But the company gives a guarantee and I have used the inks for a while in Epson and Canon printers with no troubles. The key is to use the printer often and don't let the ink dry in the nozzles, even if you just print a test page once a week. Besides, what would it hurt if it did destroy a printer 5+ years old? Good excuse to buy a new one.:D

And at 2.00 each, you could find someway to have them shipped to you I'm sure. Buy a bag full at one time-especially black. They are factory sealed and will keep for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom