XP hangs on loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tro1086

In Runtime
So. I went to reboot my computer the other day, everything was fine, but now it wont start, it just stays at the Windows XP Loading screen with the little blue bar going back and forth, it will do this for hours without loading, so I know I have given it plenty of time to load if it really wanted to.

Sometimes before it would randomly take a real long time to load but it would always load eventually after a few minutes but this time it wont load at all, just sits there forever untill I manually turn the computer off. It will load in Safe Mode so I dont think Windows is too messed up, even thou it should be fine because I wasnt even messing with it before this happened.

The problem is I dont have a Windows XP Pro disc to try and repair the install. When I bought the computer they sent me a Windows XP Home disc instead of XP Pro like I ordered, and Iv never gotten arround to having them send me the right disc, but they did send the computer with Pro installed. Will an XP Home disc work to repair an install of XP Pro?

Is there any way I can try to fix it without having the XP Pro disc to do a repair install? It would make more sense if I had just installed something or was messing arround with files and THEN it decided not to boot, but when it just randomly dose this I have no idea what to try and look for to fix. Im pretty sure its not a spyware or virus problem because I havnt had any spyware or viruses on this computer since I got it, I dont really surf the net that much.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I emailed the company that I bought the comp from about getting the right XP CD so Im waiting to hear on that.

PS. Since I know someones gona say it.. I did try doing a search on this but I couldnt really find anything that matched my situation and couldnt really find much info besides everyone saying to either reformat or do a repair install. I dont think the problem can really be that serious since I wasnt even messing with anything before this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom