cooler fan not spinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgray

In Runtime
here's something else i don't know. does the cooler fan on the nvidia geforce 6600gt graphics card run all the time or does it come on when the temperature rises. i opened my case to clean out the dust and noticed the fan on the grahpics card wasn't spinning.

my also spun 24/7 it seemed. If you're paranoid, get coolbits and enable manual overclocking, but you dont have to mess with the clock/mem settings if you want. Under manual overclocking, there is an option for "fan always on". Select that if you want to be positive it runs all the time.

well maybe the newer version spin when it actually gets hot. my hsf( pentium 3 dell) doesnt spin at all, only if it get hot, which it never does.

Yeah my HSF on my Sempron 64 2800+ / DFI Lanparty is the same way. It spins up only when the CPU reaches like 50% of maximum allowed heat or something. This was the default setting on my Lanparty board and I haven't changed it.

I think my eVGA 6600GT HSF spins at all times though. I just checked it and its spinning now when all I'm doing is surfing the web. Also it was spinning the other time I checked it.

One way you could tell if your HSF spins up only when hot is to do some intense gaming with it and then see if that makes the fan spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom